Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Refreshing dessert. Cooking time is chilling time. From Taste of Home.
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- red food coloring (optional)
- 4 cups angel food cake, cubes
- Pour milk into a samll metal mixing bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- In a sauce pan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir in sugar; heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in lemonade concentrate and food coloring if desired.
- Cover and chill until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add to chilled milk; beat until light and fluffy.
- Fold in cake.
- Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from pan; cut into eight slices.