Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very refreshing and wonderful for warm summer days.
- 3 cups cold water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 2 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Add water and lemon grass to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture to remove lemongrass.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Let mixture cool completely.
- Add steep lemongrass mixture and lemon juice to a large pitcher.
- Stir to combine.
- Add ice and lemon slices.
- Sweeten with more sugar if desired.
Very tasty lemonade; however, I had to use lemon zest in place of the lemon grass because it is not available locally. The steeped zest is a bit bitter, which requires more sugar (Splenda). Not sure if lemongrass would have a different outcome. Nice, different, interesting flavor -- which would mix well with Vodka or Tequila.