Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From a magazine. In this recipe you boil the sugar water and then add juice to make a concentrate that will keep in the frige for up to 3 weeks. Also here a recipe for pink lemonade and lemon iced tea.
- Finely grate rind from 2 lemons.
- Combine rind, sugar, water, and salt in saucepan.
- Bring to boil and boil 5 minute.
- From experience do not leave kitchen until the end of the 5 min.!
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Squeeze juice from lemons to yield 2 cups.
- Stir juice into cooled syrup and store in covered container.
- 1/4 cup concentrate to 3/4 cup water or soda.
- For 1 quart 1 cup concentrate to 3 cups water.
- Lemon Iced Tea:.
- 1/4 cup concentrate to 3/4 cup iced tea.
- Pink Lemonade:.
- Stir in 1 tbsp grenadine syrup per glass of lemonade.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
Rather weak lemon taste and the last glass you make is bitter from the lemon rind at the bottom. Perhaps if you strain the concentrate it would help.