Recipe by cookalot #2
From a magazine. In this recipe you boil the sugar water and then add juice to make a concentrate that will keep in the frige for up to 3 weeks. Also here a recipe for pink lemonade and lemon iced tea.
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grate rind from 2 lemons.
- Combine rind, sugar, water, and salt in saucepan.
- Bring to boil and boil 5 minute.
- From experience do not leave kitchen until the end of the 5 min.!
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Squeeze juice from lemons to yield 2 cups.
- Stir juice into cooled syrup and store in covered container.
- 1/4 cup concentrate to 3/4 cup water or soda.
- For 1 quart 1 cup concentrate to 3 cups water.
- Lemon Iced Tea:.
- 1/4 cup concentrate to 3/4 cup iced tea.
- Pink Lemonade:.
- Stir in 1 tbsp grenadine syrup per glass of lemonade.
- Garnish with lemon slices.