Recipe by Silver Raven
From Best of Country Cookies (Reiman Publications) Submitted by Barbara Franklin of Tuscan, Arizona
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, zucchini and lemon peel.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Prepare glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve a thin spreading consistency.
- Dip the top of each cookie into the glaze or drizzle over cooled cookies.