Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a light crunchy cookie and a good way to use up all that summer zucchini, other than zucchini bread.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and seeded, finely grated (about 1 cup-after grating in food processor, I chopped it up on a cutting board)
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees;. In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Stir in vanilla, lemon zest, and salt. Add flour and cornmeal and mix until the mixture is crumbly. Add zucchini and stir until a thick dough forms.
- 2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons, 2 inches apart, onto two parchment-lned baking sheets. Bake until cookies are light golden brown at edges, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
These were easy & yummy. Not too sweet. I might add a little lemon juice next time but could definitely taste the lemon. Great way to use up all the zucchini we grew.
They taste like shortbread cookies. Very good. The lemon taste is just perfect. This is a great way to include zucchini. Thanks Linda :) Made for Cookbook tag game
I saw this recipe on Martha Stewart's site when looking up zucchini recipes. These are great - a wonderfully unique way to use up zucchini! The recipe is easy and delicious, and it took to gluten-free flour sub wonderfully. The flavor was great - the lemon flavor was just right, and the zucchini moistened the dough up perfectly for drop cookies.