Recipe by grandma2969
another recipe from the huge file..want to try
Top Review by Chef MB
A very good cookie, even though I didn't use the glaze. Next time I will--just didn't have any powdered sugar. Texture is a little scone-like. I added the juice from the lemon to the cookie dough, and didn't measure the zucchini, so I may have added extra. Didn't use the nuts, but may add almonds next time. Delicious and easy, and I will make them again.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- combine flour, baking powder and salt.and set aside.
- cream butter and sugar, beat in egg and lemon rind.
- stir in flour mixture till smooth.
- stir in zucchini mixture and nuts.
- drop by rounded tspful on greased cookie sheet.
- bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes.
- drizzle with lemon glaze while still warm.
- to prepare GLAZE:.
- mix glaze ingredients until smooth.