Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Good tasting cake with lots of lemon flavor.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 3⁄4 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl combine sugar, oil, eggs, lemon extract, poppy seed and mix well.
- Stir in shredded zucchini.
- Combine in another bowl, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. mix well.
- Gradually add this mixture to the zucchini mixture. Mix throughly.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 350 for 40-50 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Add a lemon glaze for the topping - 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon extract, 1 tablespoon water. In a saucepan bring to a boil, when cake is warm, brush with glaze.
Very moist cake, and would make yummy muffins, too. Not overly sweet, and I was surprised that with as much lemon extract, it didn't have enough lemon flavor for us. I'd probably try lemon juice in the glaze to add a little bite. A great use for zucchini. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
wonderful and moist!!!!! used almond extract instead of lemon extract! made about 24 cupcakes and had baked for about 15minutes. thanks swizlo for helping me use up some of my zucchini! my man even ate one, and he is not a desert person.