Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A light and colorful cake like bar with a dusting of confectioners sugar for a topping or add a lemon glaze.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups grated raw zucchini
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl combine sugar, oil, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice,mix well.
- Stir in shredded zucchini.
- Combine in another bowl, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. mix well.
- Gradually add this mixture to the zucchini mixture. Mix throughly.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 350 for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool, dust with confectioners sugar.
- Or if you like a lemon glaze for the topping:.
- 1/2 cup sugar, zest of one lemon, juice of one lemon.In a saucepan bring to a boil, when cake is warm, poke holes in top with a toothpick brush with glaze.
I had read all the reviews first and then decided to add 1 extra TBS of lemon Juice and 1 tsp of lemon zest and 2 tsp of Allspice. I had gone with the lemon glaze on top instead of the icing sugar. The flavor of these bars were delicious, which I am sure the lemon glaze makes a difference. Very moist bars, a wonderful balance with the lemon and zucchini. Delicious.....Thanks for sharing your recipe Calee
We like these, especially for packing in lunch boxes. I do sub applesauce for half of the oil.
OK...I really, really don't like to give bad reviews. I made this and took it to work and it was not even half eaten. Normally it disappears very quickly. I liked the lemon flavor (I used the glaze instead of confectioners' sugar). It was moist as well, but to me it was just way too oily. Some of the people liked it, but most did not. I am glad that I tried the recipe and I am alway trying new things, but I don't think I will make this again.