Recipe by Calee
A light and colorful cake like bar with a dusting of confectioners sugar for a topping or add a lemon glaze.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
I had read all the reviews first and then decided to add 1 extra TBS of lemon Juice and 1 tsp of lemon zest and 2 tsp of Allspice. I had gone with the lemon glaze on top instead of the icing sugar. The flavor of these bars were delicious, which I am sure the lemon glaze makes a difference. Very moist bars, a wonderful balance with the lemon and zucchini. Delicious.....Thanks for sharing your recipe Calee
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups grated raw zucchini
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine sugar, oil, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice,mix well.
- Stir in shredded zucchini.
- Combine in another bowl, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. mix well.
- Gradually add this mixture to the zucchini mixture. Mix throughly.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 350 for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool, dust with confectioners sugar.
- Or if you like a lemon glaze for the topping:.
- 1/2 cup sugar, zest of one lemon, juice of one lemon.In a saucepan bring to a boil, when cake is warm, poke holes in top with a toothpick brush with glaze.