Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe by bakies.blogspot.com
Make and share this Lemon Zest Cupcakes With Vanilla Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 170 C and prepare paper liners in muffin pan.
- Cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar till fluffy. Add in the 3 egg yolks, one at a time. Mixing on low speed till combined.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt till combined.
- Add in lemon and vanilla extract.
- In a clean, dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add the beaten egg whites into the batter in 2 separate additions, each time folding gently with a spatula until just blended.
- Fill up muffin liners till 2/3s full and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together with a paddle attachment on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Turn the mixer down to slow speed. Combine the milk and vanilla extract in a separate bowl, then add to the butter mixture.
- Once all the milk has been incorporated, turn the mixer up to high speed.
- Beat until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 3 minutes. The longer the frosting is beaten, the fluffier and lighter it becomes.