Recipe by bakies.blogspot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 170 C and prepare paper liners in muffin pan.
- 2Cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar till fluffy. Add in the 3 egg yolks, one at a time. Mixing on low speed till combined.
- 3Mix in flour, baking powder and salt till combined.
- 4Add in lemon and vanilla extract.
- 5In a clean, dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- 6Add the beaten egg whites into the batter in 2 separate additions, each time folding gently with a spatula until just blended.
- 7Fill up muffin liners till 2/3s full and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 9Beat the icing sugar and butter together with a paddle attachment on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- 10Turn the mixer down to slow speed. Combine the milk and vanilla extract in a separate bowl, then add to the butter mixture.
- 11Once all the milk has been incorporated, turn the mixer up to high speed.
- 12Beat until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 3 minutes. The longer the frosting is beaten, the fluffier and lighter it becomes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Zest Cupcakes With Vanilla Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (818 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 112.4 mg
- Sodium 247.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g