Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low fat (as cookies go), and the Splenda-Sugar Blend means they're lower in sugar, too. If you want to make them with just regular sugar, use 1-1/2 cups sugar instead of the 3/4 cup Splenda blend.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon low fat yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Stir together the yogurt through the lemon juice until well blended.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour through salt) and blend with the yogurt mixture until smooth.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
- Let cool slightly before removing from cookie sheets.
My guests & I thought THESE WERE GREAT & my diabetic friends even picked up copies of the recipe! I did use a very rounded measure of zest, but other than that, your recipe was followed! WONDERFUL LEMON TASTE! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Diabetes Awareness Month Tag Game]
I'm very sorry to be the first to give this a bad vote but I wasn't fond of these. They had very little flavor (I did cut back on the sugar, 1 cup instead of 1 1/2, which might have been a mistake) and an odd texture, kind of spongy. I added more lemon juice but it still had no lemon flavor.