Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
These are wonderful muffins. My kids really like these. I found this in a insurance company cookbook.
Top Review by iluvmythomas
I feel terrible giving these only one star but they were bad. I swear I followed the recipe but they tasted more like cornbread than a muffin. Really sorry but my family did not care for these at all.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, honey, eggs, yogurt, butter, and grated lemon rind.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- To make syrup, combine ingredients in a saucepan. Boil for 1 minute. Drizzle the syrup over the warm muffins.