Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 (8 ounce) carton lemon yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, suar, lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened (batter will still be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling them 2/3s full. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- While muffins are cooling in pan, mix together lemon juice and powdered sugar to make a glaze. Remove muffins from pan and drizzle glaze over muffins while still warm. Serve warm.
Oh wow! These are so fragrant and so delicious. To add even more lemony flavor I used 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract. Yum!
Made for Spring 2008 PAC. I'm basing my rating solely on the taste of these muffins - very good. However, since I converted them to gluten-free and tried to reduce that fat content they were very dense. I'll work on that because I really would like to have them again. Once I get it figured out, I'll post the adjusted recipe so all my GF pals here on 'Zaar won't have to figure it out! Thanks for posting this Ariella!