1/4 Photos of Lemon Yogurt Loaf
1 hr 20 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this recipe in Paula Deen Magazine and it's decribed as a delicate tea bread perfect when you want a change from the usual heavy breads and rich desserts. As I love the taste of lemon and like a lighter dessert. Editor notes that as a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, you can place 1 1/2 teaspoons baking poweder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup and add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup, hmmm, neat trick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender, combine 3/4 cup yogurt and apricots; cover and process until smooth.
- 2In a bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup confectionsrs' sugar.
- 3Beat in the eggs, lemon peel and yogurt mixture; mix well.
- 4Add flour just until combined.
- 5Spoon into a greased 8 inch x 4 inch x 2 inch loaf pan.
- 6Bake at 325 for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8Combine the remaining yogurt and confectioners' sugar; drizzle over loaf.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Yogurt Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (885 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2688.7
- Calories from Fat 1007
- Total Fat 111.9 g
- Saturated Fat 64.7 g
- Cholesterol 886.2 mg
- Sodium 4159.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 370.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 177.4 g
- Protein 55.3 g