This recipe is from the pages of Ricardo Larrivee's Collection of recipes.
Make and share this Lemon Yogurt Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly oil a 5 x 9 inch cake pan and line with plastic wrap.
- Set aside. With the yogurt, try to make sure you use a 4 percent or higher fat content.
- In a bowl, sprinkle the unflavored gelatin on the water (1/4 cup), whisk a bit, so the gelatin dissolves, set aside for 5 minutes. Whisking makes sure there are no lumps, when its put in the saucepan.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the lemon juice, sugar and lemon zest to a boil. Add the gelatin, and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the yogurt, stirring until smooth.
- Pour this into the baking dish. cover and refrigerate until set, about 6 hours.
- Gently unmold, and cut into 32 cubes. Set aside.
- Assemble in dessert dishes or wine glasses, in layers, fruit, jelly, fruit, jelly, and garnish with sprigs of mint.
This turned out to be a nice, light and easy to make dessert. I did use lemon oil rather than zest, because I didn't have any organic lemons. Mine was more tart than sweet, which, actually I like, and may be because of the amount of lemon oil I used. Anyway, I recommend tasting the mixture before putting it into the mold. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.