Recipe by Redsie
From 125 Best Cupcake Recipes.
Top Review by Boomette
I didn't use lemon extract, I put more fresh lemon juice. And I put the zest of one lemon. I reduced the sugar to about 3/4 cup. These cupcakes have a nice taste of lemon. I got only 10 muffins. Thanks Redsie :) Made for Zaar Star Game.
- 295.73 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 9.85 ml grated lemon zest
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and use muffin pan, lined with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, butter and egg until smooth. Add yogurt, lemon zest and juice and lemon extract, beating until smooth. Add flour mixture, beating just until smooth.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- Top cooled cupcakes with your favorite icing.