Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From 125 Best Cupcake Recipes.
Make and share this Lemon Yogurt Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and use muffin pan, lined with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, butter and egg until smooth. Add yogurt, lemon zest and juice and lemon extract, beating until smooth. Add flour mixture, beating just until smooth.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- Top cooled cupcakes with your favorite icing.
I didn't use lemon extract, I put more fresh lemon juice. And I put the zest of one lemon. I reduced the sugar to about 3/4 cup. These cupcakes have a nice taste of lemon. I got only 10 muffins. Thanks Redsie :) Made for Zaar Star Game.
I've made this recipe both single and doubled (for two layer cakes). Both times I used grapeseed oil instead of margarine. Both times I didn't use lemon extract. The second time I substituted half of the oil with home-made applesauce. All variations of this recipe are delicious. It's a bit dense as a cake, as originally written, but makes light fluffy muffins. Delicious.
These are moist and scumptious! Wonderful lemon flavor. I iced them with a tradional buttercream icing and the 2nd time, left them plain. If you like lemon, you will like these! Also- be sure to buy a quality yogurt.