Prep 3 hrs
Cook 45 mins
A great marinade for grilling chicken. 5 Minutes prep time and 3 hours to marinate.
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up (or 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, vegetable oil, onion, honey and garlic and mix well.
- Place chicken in a bowl or dish and pour marinade over it and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- On a prepared grill cook chicken, basting with marinade every 10 minutes, until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through.
This was a great recipe-full of all the flavours we love. The only change I made, was to omit the oil from the marinade.
Made this over the weekend and it was great! It was too cold at home to grill so I threw it all in the crockpot--the chicken turned out so tender, juicy and full of flavor.
Wasn't sure what to do with the parsley so I tossed it in the mainade. As a twist, used orange juice in place of lemons. Could also see switching out the parsley for a smaller amount of tarragon with lemon and having another good option. Following Jan's cue, I also skipped the oil and don't think it hurt a bit.