Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very moist cake with a lot of lemon flavor. Cake is similar to pound cake. A great cake to serve to company.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour bunt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Slowly beat in sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add lemon juice and zest; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Fold in dry ingredients into egg and butter mixture. Mix just until blended.
- Fold in yogurt last.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- Remove cake from pan and while warm top with a lemon glaze made from 1 cup powdered sugar and the juice of one lemon. If glaze is too thin add a little more powdered sugar.
Absolutely adore this recipe. The only changes I make is that I fold fresh or frozen blueberries into the batter just before spooning it into the pan. I usually make it into two loaves and share one of them with a friend. Also have made it with cranberries, equally great! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!
Absolutely love this cake took it to a work party was a big hit easy to make an beautiful presentation wiil definitely be making again
Was amazing even my picky sister loved it.