- 125 g butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup mixed peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease loaf pan, cover base with baking paper.
- Combine butter, rind, sugar, eggs, flour and yogurt in medium bowl of electric mixer. Beat on low speed until ingredients are combined.
- Then beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and changed in colour.
- Stir in mixed peel. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in moderate oven about 1 hour.
- stand few minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
- Top cold cake 1/2 quantity Cream frosting and extra mixed peel, if desired.