Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My Mom gave me this recipe and my family loves them. I have also made them with other flavored yogurts, but lemon is the best.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the flour, margarine and brown sugar until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of mixture aside.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture into an 8x8" baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, white sugar, vanilla and yogurt together.
- When the crumb crust is done baking, pour the egg mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the 1 cup of crumbs that had been set aside on the top.
- Bake for 20 more minutes.
- Cool before serving.
Thank you *Petunia* for an alternative to the Health Valley Organic Yogurt Bars! I received the okay from my LO, ("mmm" with an nod) ;-) My adjustments were: 1C oat flour, 1/2 C unbleached flour, made-from-scratch brown sugar (organic crystals + backstrap molasses), butter instead of marg., and the addition of ~1 Tbsp clear, soluable fiber to the wet mixture. Oh, so good warm. Let's see how much better they are in the morning. This recipe is going in my handwritten cookbook- she's a keeper!
Made these using vanilla yoghurt and added lemon essence. Nice cheese cake sort of texture to filling. Really tasty, delicious.