Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
The yoghurt makes this chicken really tender and super tasty. Very easy too. You can easily multiply this recipe to your families needs.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup natural nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a ceramic baking dish and marinate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- I like to cut the chicken breast in half lengthways so it's not too thick.
- Cooking options: Remove chicken from marinade and grill or BBQ over medium heat until cooked through OR place chicken, in marinade (leave it all in the baking dish), in moderate oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with piles of mixed steamed vegetables and/or rice.
This dish was simplicity at its finest. I chose to BBQ the chicken & it turned out very moist with a fresh flavor. Served with couscous and lentil salad. Thank you Dale for sharing the recipe.
This recipe is so simple but very tasty. I actually baked this recipe and it turned out perfect. I had it with steamed baby chats and steamed asparagus, very healthy dinner I thought.