1/1 Photo of Lemon Yoghurt Cake
1 hr 25 mins
Girl from India's Note:
The glaze of this is special and so is the cake. From my favourite, tried and tested cake book 500 Fabulous Cakes and Bakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 eggs, yolks and white separated
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Grease and flour a 12 1/2 cup bundt or tube tin.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar together until nice and creamy.
- 4Add the egg yolks one at a time and beat well after each one is added.
- 5Add the lemon rind and juice and yoghurt and stir.
- 6Sift together the flour, and baking powders (I just give them a round in my mixer- a trick a baker showed me) to mix them up.
- 7In another bowl beat the egg whites and salt till they form stiff peaks.
- 8Now gently fold the dry ingr.
- 9into the butter mix and then add a portion of the egg whites folding it inches Then add the remaining egg whites and fold gently.
- 10Pour into the tin and bake for around 50 minutes testing to see it the skewer comes out clean.
- 11Leave in the tin itself to cool for around 15 minutes.
- 12Then turn it out and cool on a rack.
- 13Glaze: Sift the icing sugar into a bowl.
- 14Add the lemon juice and mix to stir well.
- 15Add a little yoghurt at a time just enough to make a smooth mix.
- 16Put the cooled cake on the serving plate or board and then pour the glaze over and let sit till glaze is set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Yoghurt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.3 mg
- Sodium 406.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g