Recipe by evelyn/athens
An excellent side dish. Tasty and nutritious. The cook time is approximate as it depends on the brand of wild rice pilaf you are using.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A fabulous recipe, very simple to make and a lovely combination of ingredients. The only changes I made were to satisfy my whims as I was making it. I couldn’t resist adding an extra pepper (a yellow one), to add another colour to what was already a very attractive dish, and some kalamata olives, because I love them. This would be a fabulous side dish to grilled or BBQd meat. I made this last night, so it was well chilled for tonight’s dinner, and I enjoyed it with diamonds4heather’s Yummy Greek Salad Recipe #30025. Thanks for sharing! I’ll be making this again!
- 2 (6 ounce) packageslong grain and wild rice pilaf mix
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichokes
- 1 lb tomatoes, rinsed,cored,and coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, rinsed,stemmed,seeded,and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice until tender to bite, according to package directions, then pour into a large bowl.
- Drain marinade from artichokes into bowl with rice.
- Chop artichokes and add to rice.
- Mix, then stir occasionally until rice is cool, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Mix tomatoes, bell pepper, parsley, capers, lemon peel, lemon juice, and sugar with cool rice mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Taste, add a drop or two of olive oil if you feel the salad needs it.