Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An excellent side dish. Tasty and nutritious. The cook time is approximate as it depends on the brand of wild rice pilaf you are using.
- 2 (6 ounce) packageslong grain and wild rice pilaf mix
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichokes
- 1 lb tomato, rinsed,cored,and coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, rinsed,stemmed,seeded,and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Cook rice until tender to bite, according to package directions, then pour into a large bowl.
- Drain marinade from artichokes into bowl with rice.
- Chop artichokes and add to rice.
- Mix, then stir occasionally until rice is cool, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Mix tomatoes, bell pepper, parsley, capers, lemon peel, lemon juice, and sugar with cool rice mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Taste, add a drop or two of olive oil if you feel the salad needs it.