An excellent side dish. Tasty and nutritious. The cook time is approximate as it depends on the brand of wild rice pilaf you are using.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) packages long grain and wild rice pilaf mix
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichokes
- 1 lb tomato, rinsed,cored,and coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, rinsed,stemmed,seeded,and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook rice until tender to bite, according to package directions, then pour into a large bowl.
- 2Drain marinade from artichokes into bowl with rice.
- 3Chop artichokes and add to rice.
- 4Mix, then stir occasionally until rice is cool, 30 to 45 minutes.
- 5Mix tomatoes, bell pepper, parsley, capers, lemon peel, lemon juice, and sugar with cool rice mixture.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Taste, add a drop or two of olive oil if you feel the salad needs it.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Wild Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice pilaf mix