1 hr 20 mins
Add a bottle of wine, a fresh green salad and warm sourdough bread for a wonderful and delicious meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cubed
- coarsely ground pepper
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Wash wild rice carefully and drain.
- 2In a large paella pan or large frying pan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- 3Add onion; saute until soft.
- 4Add 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 5Add saffron and stir to dissolve.
- 6Reduce heat to low.
- 7Add wild rice, basil, marjoram, thyme, oregano, and cayenne pepper; simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 8Add sherry and simmer, covered, another 30 minutes or until most of the sherry is absorbed.
- 9Add 3 cups chicken broth, arborio rice, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- 10Simmer, stirring frequently, 20 minutes or until arborio rice is just tender but still firm to bite and mixture is creamy.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Add 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, salt, pepper, tomatoes, onions, and parmesan cheese.
- 13Stir until butter or margarine is melted.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Wild Rice Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 1166.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 20.7 g