Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious lemon cookies with white chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 9.85 ml lemon extract
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and lemon extract stir until blended.
- In a seperate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until completely blended.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a cookie sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
Made these for our work Christmas cookie exchange. I thought they were quite delicious, but the lemon flavor was subtle--probably b/c I used store brand extract? They were buttery and yummy, though, with just a good amount of sweetness.
Nice cookies. Unfortunately the taste of the white chocolate chips sort of disappeared. On the other hand, the lemon taste was very nice indeed.
I got 31 cookies and they baked for 10 minutes. Crispy on the edges and chewy in the middle. Easy to make and definitely worth trying.
Thanks for posting.
Delicious cookies! I made them with my toddler and a friend's boys today and everyone loved them, even the kid who hates lemon-flavored anything! :) I made these gluten free by substituting a gluten free flour mix for the wheat flour, so they were a little lighter and a bit more delicate. Can't go wrong with lemon and white chocolate! Thanks for sharing, mommyofthreekids! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2011 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :)