Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this on angel food, sponge, or pound cake. Its not too sweet!
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fine grated fresh lemon rind
- Beat cream on high speed until it begins to thicken.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Continue beating and add lemon juice.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold lemon rinds in by hand.
DON`T taste this till you top your dessert! I just wanted to eat it all my itself! Light, airy and refreshing!
I used this recipe to fill small cream puff cases as a change from plain sweetened whipped cream. I sliced the puffs in half, spread cream on bottom half, topped with slices of strawberries, replaced top half then dusted tops with icing sugar/powdered sugar. They were yummy. :) Thanks for a 'keeper'.
This went fabulous with Norwegian Rhubarb Pudding Norwegian Rhubarb Pudding. Not too sweet so it goes well with this tarter dessert! I left out the lemon rind so I could pipe it easier. Thanks