Recipe by Marie
These are delicious lemony bars baked in a pie plate and cut into wedges. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with whipped cream for a special easy to make dessert.
Top Review by Len23
I'm reviewing these a second time, with the changes I made: I mixed in just under a 1/4c. of soft butter and this worked out much better for holding the crust together. I just mixed it by hand. I might have overcooked mine a touch as they were pretty firm, but fantastic tasting nonetheless! I used only a very small amount of icing sugar and sifted it onto the top for a light dusting. It really doesn't need a lot to give that perfect sweetness balance. Three of us polished off the whole pan in two days, so I'd say these were a hit! Definitely on my fantastic taste for small effort regular rotation. Oh, and I used farm fresh eggs which made this whole dish much darker yellow, but it just looked all the more lemony for it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In food processor, process butter, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 1 cup flour for 10 seconds.
- (Can also be done by hand with a pastry blender) Pat dough evenly into a butter greased 9" round pie plate.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of flour and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture over hot crust and bake 15 minutes more or until slightly firm (do not overbake).
- Let cool completely in pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.