1 hr 10 mins
Perfect for brunch, teas, bridal showers, baby showers or just to nibble on while you enjoy your morning coffee. Recipe is from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
- 3With a mixer set on medium speed, beat the butter until fluffy.
- 4Gradually add in the sugar and mix well.
- 5Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- 6Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- 7Add to the butter/sugar mix alternately with milk. Begin and end with the flour.
- 8Add in the walnuts, lemon rind and lemon juice.
- 9Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until done.
- 10Cool in the pan on a wire rach for 10-15 minutes.
- 11Remove from the pan and place on a wire rack to completely cool.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Walnut Tea Bread
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.7
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 248.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g