Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Perfect for brunch, teas, bridal showers, baby showers or just to nibble on while you enjoy your morning coffee. Recipe is from Southern Living.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
- With a mixer set on medium speed, beat the butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add in the sugar and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add to the butter/sugar mix alternately with milk. Begin and end with the flour.
- Add in the walnuts, lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until done.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rach for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place on a wire rack to completely cool.