1/4 Photos of Lemon-Walnut Pesto Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
This is from the "Vegetarian Appetizers" cookbook. The picture looked so fabulous that I just had to try it. DH and the other guests just gobbled these up. The pesto is pretty tasty! You will have to guage the olive oil based upon how you like your pesto. The yield on this is dependent upon the size of the tomatoes used and how you cut them. This yield assumes the tomato only has the top cut off, not in half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- paprika (optional) or fresh basil (optional) or toasted walnut halves, for garnish (optional)
- 1Put all pesto ingredients in food processor and process until slightly chunky, or desired consistency.
- 2Taste and adjust seasonings, as necessary.
- 3Cut tomatoes (in half or cut off the very top) and remove seeds and juice (I use an iced tea spoon).
- 4Fill tomato with pesto using a pastry bag or ziploc bag (small spoon may also work).
- 5Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.
- 6Serve chilled or room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Walnut Pesto Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 32.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g