Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple cake mix bundt cake.
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves or 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- butter, softened
- 1 (18 ounce) package lemon cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package strawberry cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease a 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- Dot rounded side of walnut or pecan halves with butter; arrange in flutes on side and bottom of pan.
- Blend cake mix (dry), egg yolks, water, confectioner's sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until moistened, about 1/2 minute.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently, 3 minutes.
- Do Not Overbeat!
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- Carefully pour batter into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Remove pan; cool cake completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.