1/1 Photo of Lemon-Walnut Biscotti
1 hr 25 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
These twice baked Italian cookies has a distinct taste of anise. While not to sweet, biscotti are delicious and elegant. They make a wonderful gift.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F, with one rack positioned in the center and one directly below; toast walnuts and anise seeds just until golden, 4 to 5 minutes, cool and chop together on a cutting board.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together flour,baking powder and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl whisk together remaining ingredients (eggs, sugar, butter, oil,lemon peel,lemon juice) until smooth.
- 4Stir egg mixture into flour mixture, then stir in walnuts and anise seeds; (Dough will be soft, that's okay).
- 5Divide dough in half, lightly grease a large cookie sheet; with floured hands, shape dough into two 14x2-1/2-inch logs,slightly rounded in center; Bake on center rack until firm to the touch,30 minutes;let cool 20 minutes, (Leave oven on).
- 6Transfer logs to a cutting board; with serrated knife,gently cut logs on a angle into 1/2-inch-thick slices; lay slices on 2 ungreased cookie sheets, bake until biscotti are lightly browned around edges, 10 minutes.
- 7Flip biscotti over on cookie sheet reversing positions when you put them back in the oven; bake 10 minutes more, transfer biscotti to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Walnut Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1086 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 81.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of