1/3 Photos of Lemon Waffles
1 hr 5 mins
Waffles are definitely a weekend breakfast treat - this recipe comes from Christine Cushing. Adding the softly whipped egg whites to the batter will make the waffles nice and fluffy. Serve with pure Canadian maple syrup, fresh berries & whipped cream or pair with blueberry sauce (#78222)...to use Christine's words...wicked! Prep time includes "standing", cook time & # of servings has been estimated - it depends on your waffle iron.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- 2Stir in the lemon zest.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter and the egg yolks until smooth.
- 4Make a well in the dry ingredients and gradually stir in the wet until just combined.
- 5Do not continue to stir.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap.
- 7Let stand covered, about 30 minutes.
- 8Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- 9In a clean, dry bowl whisk the egg whites until fluffy.
- 10Gradually add the icing sugar while continuing to beat until whites hold soft peaks.
- 11Fold gently into batter.
- 12Ladle batter into prepared waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (972 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.7 mg
- Sodium 442.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 9.5 g