Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cuisinart. See below for variations.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Place flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In a second bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla until blended. Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients. Stir in lemon juice and zest. Fold in melted butter and then vanilla yogurt with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Let batter rest a few minutes before using.
- Pour batter onto the center of the lower grid. Allow batter to spread toward edges for 5 seconds. Close lid of waffle iron and cook according the waffler instructions. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For best results, serve immediately.
- For lemon ginger waffles, add 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger to the batter with the juice and zest. For lemon blueberry waffles add 1 cup of blueberries to the batter as the last ingredient.
I enjoyed these delicious lemon waffles for breakfast the other day. The tender, soft waffles were full of flavor. As suggested in the variations, I used the ginger option; but used candied ginger as it was what I had on hand. The waffles were so good. I dusted them with a little powdered sugar for garnish. Thank you so much gailanng for sharing this recipe with us.
These waffles are so good. I used canola oil instead of butter. They have a good taste of lemon. Yum! Thanks Gailanng :) Made for Holiday tag