Recipe by Konnie
This is a great breakfast treat. If you don't want maple syrup, try topping with with fresh berries and lemon yogurt. Yummmmmm!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these up as directed & then took the tip from the intro & served them with fresh blueberries & lemon yogurt ~ OUTSTANDING & VERY SATISFYING BREAKFAST! Definitely worth making again! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbooks tag]
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 whole lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks with the sugar and salt.
- Blend in milk, lemon juice, lemon peel,and butter, beating well.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- As usual, bake in a preheated waffle iron until golden brown and steam no longer escapes iron.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.