Recipe by Boomette
When I saw the episode of Ricardo doing this lemon vodka, I knew I had to try it. It's so yummy. You have to try it. The bottle has to be in a dark area for at least 7 days.
Top Review by breezermom
The most time consuming part of this recipe is watching it drip slowly through the coffee filter! Smells super lemony and sweet. Tastes like limoncello. I thought it would be more like a lemon-flavored vodka, but with the sugar it is more like limoncello. It turns very thick when put in the freezer, but tastes best super cold. Makes for a very thick, potent shot. I let mine sit in a cool, dark spot for 12 days. I think this was plenty of time for the flavors to meld. I enjoyed it....but too potent to be consumed in large quantities! I'll mix over ice with water to make a spiked lemonade for these horribly hot days we are having right now. Thanks for sharing!
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring the juice, zest and sugar to a boil. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Cool.
- In a bottle or a sealed glass container, combine the syrup and vodka. Allow to infuse in a dark area for 7 or more days.
- Place a coffee filter in a strainer and filter the alcohol.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Delicious after a winter activity. This lemon vodka is served in shot glass, in cocktails and martinis.