Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
When I saw the episode of Ricardo doing this lemon vodka, I knew I had to try it. It's so yummy. You have to try it. The bottle has to be in a dark area for at least 7 days.
- In a saucepan, bring the juice, zest and sugar to a boil. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Cool.
- In a bottle or a sealed glass container, combine the syrup and vodka. Allow to infuse in a dark area for 7 or more days.
- Place a coffee filter in a strainer and filter the alcohol.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Delicious after a winter activity. This lemon vodka is served in shot glass, in cocktails and martinis.
The most time consuming part of this recipe is watching it drip slowly through the coffee filter! Smells super lemony and sweet. Tastes like limoncello. I thought it would be more like a lemon-flavored vodka, but with the sugar it is more like limoncello. It turns very thick when put in the freezer, but tastes best super cold. Makes for a very thick, potent shot. I let mine sit in a cool, dark spot for 12 days. I think this was plenty of time for the flavors to meld. I enjoyed it....but too potent to be consumed in large quantities! I'll mix over ice with water to make a spiked lemonade for these horribly hot days we are having right now. Thanks for sharing!
So quick and easy to do and absolutely delicious! I generally don't like vodka but made this as a gift and I'm so tempted to keep it all for myself! Really fresh and a lovely colour too, I left mine for 10 days and felt that was enough :)
This has been wonderful and a staple all summer. It will be my go to liquor next summer too. I just can't believe i forgot to review it.