Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This vibrant dressing requires extra-virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and fresh oregano. Toss it with baby greens for a cooling side dish salad. Or, use torn romaine lettuce and add tomato chunks, chopped cucumber, crumbled feta cheese, and sliced olives to make the salad more substantial. I got this recipe from a local news television channel.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl, making certain the sugar is dissolved. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Let sit for an hour or so, and then whisk again before serving.
I ate this over plain lettuce and it was great, I think it would be good on almost anything. Will definitely make again.
I used dry Itilian blend because I didn't have oregano and I used stevia instead of sugar, and sea salt. On top of romaine lettuce with roma tomatoes and feta cheese! Was absolutely delicious
Great dressing I used a little more olive oil and I used more lemon juice in the bottle and still was perfect. I needed it for a large salad and it was not overpowering at all! I will make it again.