Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I usually make this with a marinated pork chop recipe of mine and maybe some steamed broccoli. Makes a nice change from rice or potatoes.
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces vermicelli
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine milk and butter in saucepan over low heat until butter is melted.
- Set aside, but keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with lemon juice.
- Let stand for 1 minute.
- Add cheese and warm milk/butter mixture.
This did not have too bad of a taste, however, I'm not real big on mixing a citric juice with milk because it will curdle. I am not a milk lover, and so the thought of curdled milk is not good to me.