Recipe by French Tart
Just the job when it is hot and humid, a simple and elegant dessert to finish off a special summer dinner party outside and under the stars! This is also a wonderful accompaniment for fresh summer berries or gently poached fruits. Try to make sure that you give these little syllabubs plenty of time to chill and set before serving. Serve with a squirt of Chantilly cream and some fresh Lemon Verbena leaves as a garnish. Lemon Verbena is a very lemony herb, think of fizzy lemon sherbet (as in Barratt’s Sherbet Dipper) and you will have an idea of the taste!
- 500 ml double cream
- fresh lemon verbena (About 1 tea cup)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 125 g caster sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar with the lemon juice until the sugar is dissolved.
- Boil the cream with the lemon verbena. When boiling, add the sweetened lemon juice (use fresh lemons, or it might curdle) and stir until mixed.
- Sieve and pour into serving glasses. Chill for at least two hours.
- Serve with cream and some fresh Lemon Verbena leaves for a garnish.