Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Lovely Lemon Verbena!
Top Review by LaurelAnn
WOW! I have two lemon verbena plants growing in my garden - the most fabulous plant, by the way. I drink water by the gallon when I add lemon verbena, oranges, limes, and lemons. This cake is fantastic - my family ate two loaves in a matter of days. Great recipe. Thank you for sharing a great way to use my fabulous lemon verbena!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried lemon verbena
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons dried lemon peel
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients by hand until moistened, then mix for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 4 1/2 by 8 1/2 inch loaf pans and put in pre-heated 325 degree oven.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack before removing from pan.
- Alternatively, bake in 5 small loaf pans for about 30 minutes.