Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely lemon verbena scented potpourri for scenting a room, or for sachets. Makes a lovely gift presented in a pretty tin. Adapted from Kitchen and Herb Gardener by Richard Bird and Jessica Houdret.
- dried peel of one lemon
- 2 cups dried lemon verbena leaves
- 1 cup dried chamomile
- 6 inches cinnamon sticks, crushed
- 1 cup dried calendula flowers
- 1 teaspoon orrisroot powder
- 2 -3 drops lemon verbena essential oils (optional)
- Dry the lemon peel by scraping it off the lemon with a vegetable peeler, spread on paper and dry in a warm place for about 2 weeks, until crisp.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Seal in a tin and put in a warm place for about 2-3 weeks, shaking occasionally.
- Use to scent a room, or for sachets. Add more essential oil as the smell fades.