Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another great from Martha!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon verbena leaf
- 5 cups fresh lemon juice, strained (from 24 lemons)
Lemon verbena ice cubes
- boiled water, cooled
- 24 lemon verbena leaves
- Bring sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and add lemon verbena. Cover, and steep for 15 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve, and let cool thoroughly.
- Combine lemon juice and lemon verbena syrup in a pitcher. Fill glasses with lemon verbena ice, and divide lemonade among glasses (or cover and refrigerater for up to 3 days).
- LEMON VERBENA ICE CUBES:.
- Fill 2 ice trays halfway with water, and freeze. Top each cube with a lemon verbena leaf and cover with water, and freeze for up to a week.
I've got an abundance of Lemon Verbena and lemons growing in my garden, and decided to make this lemonade for upcoming Father's Day weekend. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing, Mariajane. Made for Magic of Herbs 2010.