Recipe by dicentra
Use a mild flavored tea. Cooking Light, JUNE 2005
Top Review by BecR
Absolutely lovely! I used lemon zinger tea and fresh lemon verbena from the garden, along with a few sprigs of fresh mint. Very refreshing combination of flavors. Made for The Magic of Herbs 2010. Thanks for sharing! :) Becky
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml lemon verbena leaf
- 946.36 ml ice
- 1419.54 ml brewed tea, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Cool sugar syrup completely.
- Cook lemon verbena leaves in boiling water 1 minute. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain.
- Combine sugar syrup and verbena leaves in a blender; process until smooth. Cover and chill overnight. Strain sugar syrup through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Place 2/3 cup ice into each of 6 tall glasses; add 1 cup brewed tea and 2 tablespoons sugar syrup to each serving, stirring to combine. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon wedges, if desired.