Recipe by Chef Dula
This cake is so moist & refreshing. My family just loves it. I got this recipe on a trade--if I give one out I ask for one in return--don't remember who from. I would love to thank them!
Top Review by 4boyzsuperchick
ok, thought this sounded good, but once I started realized the recipe stated to mix first 4 ingredients and it should say 5....needs water to make it smooth. Then beating 10 minutes concerned me. Wouldn't that make it more dense, but then red velvet cake is...
Then, it said to cook at 350 for 40 minutes. I hit 20 minutes and it is almost burnt on the bottom. I can never say I have ever had this much trouble with a cake. Its still liquid in the middle and burnt on the bottom.... Temp is too high and cooked too long. I think it can be resolved with correcting the recipe, but for a fast dessert, I am now having to start over right before company comes!
- 1 (18 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Prepare 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Mix first 4 ingredients together with mixer for 10 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake 40 minutes.
- While baking, mix 3 glaze ingredients together.
- When cake is done, remove from oven & prick top all over using a fork. Immediately dribble glaze slowly while cake is still hot.