1/1 Photo of Lemon Veggie Pasta
So versatile, you can use almost any fresh or frozen vegetables and for even quicker and easier prep., fancy diced herb flavored canned tomatoes and dried basil. Granted fresh is best, but for a quick easy throw together you can't beat it. Vegetable suggestions; fresh green beans, zucchini, mushrooms or asparagus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (dried if fresh is not available)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup drained diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (if not using fresh)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb green beans (chopped 1-2-inch, pieces, or substitute other vegetables)
- 1Cut vegetables in 1" pieces. (fresh green beans, zucchini, asparagus or frozen peas), microwave on high for 1-2 minute.
- 2Cook pasta al dente, reserve 1/4 Celsius pasta water, drain pasta in colander, add canned tomatoes to pasta to drain also.
- 3In a skillet heat butter, cream, lemon zest, salt,pepper,dried basil (if using),garlic and lemon juice. Heat until just melted, remove from heat.
- 4While tomatoes and pasta is draining, add reserved 1/4 Celsius pasta water to cream sauce, cook about 1 minute or until heated through. Stir to combine, add cooked vegetables, fresh basil (if using) and pasta, toss well.
- 5Sprinkle pasta mixture with parmesan cheese and serve more on the side.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Veggie Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 898.8
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 134.0 mg
- Sodium 525.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 29.3 g