Recipe by BakinBaby
So versatile, you can use almost any fresh or frozen vegetables and for even quicker and easier prep., fancy diced herb flavored canned tomatoes and dried basil. Granted fresh is best, but for a quick easy throw together you can't beat it. Vegetable suggestions; fresh green beans, zucchini, mushrooms or asparagus.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (dried if fresh is not available)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup drained diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (if not using fresh)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb green beans (chopped 1-2-inch, pieces, or substitute other vegetables)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut vegetables in 1" pieces. (fresh green beans, zucchini, asparagus or frozen peas), microwave on high for 1-2 minute.
- Cook pasta al dente, reserve 1/4 Celsius pasta water, drain pasta in colander, add canned tomatoes to pasta to drain also.
- In a skillet heat butter, cream, lemon zest, salt,pepper,dried basil (if using),garlic and lemon juice. Heat until just melted, remove from heat.
- While tomatoes and pasta is draining, add reserved 1/4 Celsius pasta water to cream sauce, cook about 1 minute or until heated through. Stir to combine, add cooked vegetables, fresh basil (if using) and pasta, toss well.
- Sprinkle pasta mixture with parmesan cheese and serve more on the side.