Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is heavenly at 130 calories each, 5 g carbs. A guilt-free filling dessert.
- 236.59 ml part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 44.37 ml Splenda granular
- 9.85 ml grated lemon zest
- 2.46 ml lemon extract
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat 4 (4 ounce) ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta, egg yolks, 1 TBSP of sugar substitute, lemon zest, lemon extract and vanilla extracts.
- In another small bowl with an electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; approximately 2-3 minutes. Gradually add remaining 2 TBSP sugar substitute and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into ricotta mixture; just until combined.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into ramekins. Bake until souffles have risen, are set and lightly browned; approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I want to like this more than I did. The flavor was great but the texture turned me off. Now, I'll take the blame because it was the ricotta I used. It was gritty and I really need to splurge on the good stuff that's smooth and expensive. So, If I were to make this again with a better quality ricotta, I'm sure I would give it at least 4 stars.
I also forgot to add the lemon zest. I don't think it made much difference but I can't say for sure.
Made for PAC Spring-09 Lovely recipe, simple, low calorie and delicious; what more could you ask for. I made it exactly as listed and it came together nicely. Next time though I think I'd decrease the sugar by one tablespoon as it was a little sweet for me but that's just personal preferance. She is so right though, eat at once when it comes from the oven as it does loose something as it cools. Thanks Princess for posting.
This dessert is ok but certainly not great. I love ricotta, so the texture didn't bother me - it's the artificial sweetener taste I had a hard time with. I cut it back by a 1 TBLS as someone suggested and it was sweet enough, but that after taste stays with ya for awhile.