Recipe by Apple Princess
This is heavenly at 130 calories each, 5 g carbs. A guilt-free filling dessert.
Top Review by Babybub
I want to like this more than I did. The flavor was great but the texture turned me off. Now, I'll take the blame because it was the ricotta I used. It was gritty and I really need to splurge on the good stuff that's smooth and expensive. So, If I were to make this again with a better quality ricotta, I'm sure I would give it at least 4 stars.
I also forgot to add the lemon zest. I don't think it made much difference but I can't say for sure.
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat 4 (4 ounce) ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta, egg yolks, 1 TBSP of sugar substitute, lemon zest, lemon extract and vanilla extracts.
- In another small bowl with an electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; approximately 2-3 minutes. Gradually add remaining 2 TBSP sugar substitute and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into ricotta mixture; just until combined.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into ramekins. Bake until souffles have risen, are set and lightly browned; approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.