Recipe by Lainey39
A deliciously moist pound cake.
Top Review by lovecookin007
I looked at over 388 recipes before deciding to use this one. I am very very happy with the out come of this cake. It is moist and goooood...... My husband was so impressed he took half to work with him. He's very picky when it comes to cake because usually they come out dry. Thanks for this recipe and I was greatful that the recipe didn't use pudding...... melody007
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut up
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously brush a 10-inch Bundt pan with melted butter.
- Refrigerate pan until butter hardens, about 15 minutes.
- Brush pan with remaining melted butter to cover any uncoated spots; set pan aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small saucepan, bring milk and cut-up butter to a boil; remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, with an electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment on medium-high speed, beat eggs until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- On medium speed, gradually beat in 2 cups sugar until blended; beat in vanilla and lemon extracts.
- On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Pour in hot milk mixture, then add baking powder; beat until blended.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in lemon zest.
- Scrape batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with foil.
- Invert cake over prepared pan.
- Brush top and sides of cake with lemon syrup.
- Cool completely.