1/1 Photo of Lemon-Vanilla Pound Cake
1 hr 15 mins
A deliciously moist pound cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut up
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Generously brush a 10-inch Bundt pan with melted butter.
- 2Refrigerate pan until butter hardens, about 15 minutes.
- 3Brush pan with remaining melted butter to cover any uncoated spots; set pan aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5In small saucepan, bring milk and cut-up butter to a boil; remove pan from heat and set aside.
- 6In a medium bowl, whisk flour and salt; set aside.
- 7In large bowl, with an electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment on medium-high speed, beat eggs until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 8On medium speed, gradually beat in 2 cups sugar until blended; beat in vanilla and lemon extracts.
- 9On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- 10Pour in hot milk mixture, then add baking powder; beat until blended.
- 11With a rubber spatula, fold in lemon zest.
- 12Scrape batter evenly into prepared pan.
- 13Bake 50-55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into center comes out clean.
- 14Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- 15Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- 16Line a rimmed baking pan with foil.
- 17Invert cake over prepared pan.
- 18Brush top and sides of cake with lemon syrup.
- 19Cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Vanilla Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.3 mg
- Sodium 193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of